Manhattan New York is a culturally diverse city, our clientele whether are buyers or sellers are quite international and diverse. In Manhattan Real Estate transaction, there are many parties involved in a transaction: 2 or more attorneys, 2 Real Estate agents, Buyers and sellers, Title company, Mortgage professionals, and etc. At the closing table, often there are almost 10 people attending one closing.
Working in a diverse and international city like Manhattan New York, our sellers or buyers often have previous work or business contacts that they prefer to use from another part of the world, country or even state.
THIS IS NOT ADVISE-ABLE. Every local Real Estate market has its own rules, laws and policies, by using the local experts, it will benefit you as the buyer to have the most smooth transaction without stress or unexpected obstacles.
In a Real Estate transaction in Manhattan New York, below two are the key experts that you absolutely should use an local expert.
- Attorney - PLEASE use a Manhattan New York based REAL ESTATE attorney (this means not just any attorney can do the job, Real Estate attorney that is currently practice in New York is a must) that is familiarize with the type of property you are purchasing. Whether is condo or co-op or townhouse, be sure they have a stellar reputation and track record in representing clients. Many buyers use the amount of fee the attorney charge as a way to chose the attorney, I am not suggesting not to be frugal, but their track record should be the most important thing and not the price. Would you find the cheapest doctor to cure your illness? Maybe not.
- Mortgage Consultants - Buying in Manhattan New York is different than buying in any other parts of the world, country, state, county and etc. Mortgage consultants who has experiences working in Manhattan New York market will know how to navigate through the co-op or condo management to obtain the information they need in order to push the paperwork through. They will also have a keen sense of the deadline in the contract and work with the Real Estate agents to get the coop or condo board package together.
Manhattan New York condo buyers related blogs below:
- 5 reasons why Manhattan New York Real Estate is different
- Checklist for Manhattan New York Condo Buyers
- Setai Fifth Avenue Residences
If you would like to find out more information or learn about more Manhattan New York condo investment opportunities, please contact me today. Email me at ehsu(@)elliman.com or call (646)644-6929 or (917)837-8869.
Eileen Hsu 許雅嵐 (email: EHSU(@)elliman.com)
Our team specialize in Manhattan New York Condominiums, townhouses, and condops.