Manhattan Short Sales is becoming a common phrase in Manhattan Real Estate market. Buyers should know the Short Sales Process and manage the expectation to what is required of them.
Manhattan Short Sales is coming. As Manhattan Real Estate professionals, we have been hearing a lot of short sales and REO properties surfacing all over rest of United States housing market. Not only until recent 6 months, those short sales are starting to surface in the the North part of Manhattan neighborhoods, such as Harlem, Riverdale and Inwood. Now you can find a short sale or two in newly construction buildings that were built in the last 5 years.
With that being said, we handling Manhattan short sales for several distress sellers, all in new construction buildings, new construction buildings that were built and sold in the last 5 years. These sellers bought in a market where new construction were guaranteed to appreciate in value as long as you get into the sales office the first phase of the marketing process. The buyers were required to put down only 10 percent of the price, and they were granted a mortgage with almost any lender. So with a $1M property, the buyers were only required to have $100,000 + the closing cost to the closing table. Not too bad for a million dollar condo.
Some Facts for Manhattan Short Sales Buyers:
- Cash MAYBE be the king. If you are an all cash offer, which most of our short sales buyers are. That is a plus. However, the lender are looking to absorb as little loss as possible, so just because the offer is all cash with no mortgage contingency, it does not mean that you will be approved compare to other higher offers that needs financing. Price is the most important concern for the lender.
- Be Patient. If you need to move in immediately, this is not the one for you. The lender will take their time to review the short sale package and it is similar to a Co-Op board package, it can take anywhere from 90 days to 180 days from offer + short sale package submission to close.
- MAYBE Deals but not Steals. If you plan to make an offer, please present your best and highest offer. Lender is absorbing the loss of this property, therefore the lender will want to minimize as much loss as possible. The BPO (Broker Price Opinion) or appraisal will show the lenders the most recent market comparables, the lender will not sell lower the fair market price.
- Best and Highest offer. Short Sales processors at the bank that have a lot of cases to work on and documents to look and work through, our case is only one of a million, so make their work easy is the key to successful Short sale transaction. As a Short Sale listing agent, I will not put the seller in a position where the sale price is the reason that we do not receive an approval. Therefore short sales buyers, please do not expect the lender counter your offer. If you can not present your best and highest offer, we will be happy to keep your offer as a back up offer. The lender will rather say YES or NO, lender likes certainty, not maybes.
We are Morgan Evans and Eileen Hsu, Real Estate agents under one of the most successful Manhattan Brokerage firm Prudential Douglas Elliman with extensive market knowledge. In addition, we have the confidence and success rate in completing Manhattan short sales transaction.
- Manhattan Short Sales Facts
- We are Manhattan Short Sales Agents
- Our Manhattan Condo Listings
If you are an owner that is unsure if you are qualified for a short sale or already behind your mortgage payment, call us today at (917)837-8869 or email Morgan.Evans@elliman.com for a confidential conversation.
Morgan Evans is a Manhattan New York Real Estate specialist in neighborhoods such as: Greenwich Village, Soho, Union Square, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Chelsea, Midtown West, Midtown East, Nolita, Lower East side, Financial District in Manhattan. Morgan specialize in working with international buyer, high net worth buyers, parents buying for children and investors buyers. Contact him today by calling (917)837-8869.